My essay “Canadian Music? What’s That?” is about Canadian music. The thesis of my essay is diversity and different heritage influences are the key characteristics of Canadian music. It goes into detail of different cultures influencing Canadian music. I focus specifically on Scotland, France, and England’s influence of Canadian music. I use This is NOT a Fairy Tale as proof as to how different countries influenced countries and the music in Canada in the sense of daily life. The essay also goes into a certain amount of detail of why Canadian music seems to be less known even within Canada. Some reasons include lack of education in music schools, lack of government funding, and the lack of time musicians had to create new Canadian music. I focus mainly on music during the World Wars, and I include many songs that Canadian soldiers would listen to. I also talk about the importance music in oral tradition especially in Aboriginal communities. Overall, the essay should educate the reader about different influences on Canadian music.